Latest News and Events:
2018 Calendar Year:
2017 Calendar Year:
- (01/11) The group has formally welcomed Faraj to the group with a meal out in Sheffield.
- (29/10) Faraj, a new PhD student, has joined the group from Tripoli, Libya.
- (25/10) Jim, Kate and Omid all attended the CMAC Open Day 2018, with an oral presentation from Omid and a poster presentation from Kate.
- (29/08) Congratulation to Josh who begins a new position as a patent attorny in London in the coming months.
- (16/08) The group celebrated Stefan passing his viva with a meal out in Sheffield city centre. All the best for the future Stefan, from the PTG! :)
- (29/06) Congratulations to Stefan and Zaida on their awards of 4th Place Poster and the IFPRI Travel Award respectively!
- (24/06) Members of the group attended in International Fine Particle Research Institute (IFPRI) AGM in Edinburgh to present their work.
- (21/06) Stefan passed his viva! Congratulations Stefan and good luck for the future!
- (06/06) The PGR Summer Conference was held, with Duaa and Josh presenting their research orally to their peers. Jon and Stefan both completed posters for the conference.
- (11/05) The MEng cohort completed their poster presentations, which can be found here.
- (06/05) Our MEng students finished their dissertations and submitted them - well done to all the students from the Particle Tech Group!
- (01/05) A new paper is published by the group, lead by Kate, on immersion nucleation driven by surface tension in high shear granulation.
- (25/04) The spherical agglomeration review paper led by Kate and Jon becomes one of the most downloaded Powder Technology publications, with over 1,200 downloads to date.
- (24/04) Stefan de K, Josh, Stefan B and Jim (on behalf of Jon) present at WCPT8.
- (19/04) Stefan de K submitted his thesis for consideration. Congrautlations Stefan!
- (27/03) Omid was awarded the Best Poster Prize for APM18 Forum.
- (26/03) Josh, Jon and Nabhan attended ChemEngDayUK, all with poster presentations.
- (15/01) A new PhD student, Matt, has joined the group and is industrially sponsored by Keurig Green Mountain.
- (11/01) Stefan de K, Josh, Stefan B and Jon have all had their abstracts accepted for oral presentations at WCPT8.
2017 Calendar Year:
- (19/12) The group celebrated Christmas with a meal out in Sheffield city centre.
- (22/11) A new publication, led by Kate, has been accepted for publication within Powder Technology - a review paper on spherical agglomeration.
- (03/11) The website is officially launched by Jon on behalf of the rest of the group.
- (26/10) Stefan and Jon successfully completed their Confirmation Vivas and has progressed officially to the second year of their projects.
- (02/10) The group has received delivery of a brand new ProCepT fluidised bed.
- (28/09) A new cohort of six students have joined the group for their MEng Projects, due to be completed at the end of June.
- (25/09) Nabhan, a former MEng student within the group, has now secured a PhD with the group with an immediate start.